Ready to ship
- Officially licensed by Formula 1™.
- Officially licensed for PlayStation 4™
- F1®-style steering wheel with a compact diameter of 27 cm for fast movements and reactions.
- Durable construction made of metal and carbon fibre.
- 5 mm solid carbon fibre front plate with blue accents.
- Grips made of genuine Italian made Alcantara®. This material is easy to clean and provides sensational grip.
- Steering wheel weight: approx. 1375 g (subject to production changes).
- 11 buttons with ultra-reliable switches.
- Two rocker switches.
- Two 12-way multi-position switches with rotary encoder functionality.
- Analogue joystick to look around in the cockpit or to map with any other axis.
- 7-way FunkySwitch™ to change settings: Turn left; turn right; move left, right, up and down; push (active in Tuning Menu and compatible with any PS4 game).
- Two thumb encoders well-reachable while driving without releasing the grips.
- Two vibration motors integrated with the grips, controllable through wheel Tuning Menu (SHO) or by game through Fanatec SDK.
- Revolution LED bar (RevLEDs) with nine multi-color LEDs to show motor RPM and optimal shifting point as games program through the Fanatec SDK.
- Two flag LED bars (FlagLEDs) with three multi-color LEDs each to indicate tyre slip, fuel level, incoming radio as games program through the Fanatec SDK.
- 1" 128x64 OLED display to show telemetry data like speed or gear as games program through the Fanatec SDK.
- Tuning functions with OLED display to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay (see description of compatible wheel base/racing wheel for details).
- PODIUM Advanced Paddle Module pre-installed, featuring F1®-style dual clutch paddles and dual magnetic shifters plus two additional magnetic paddles.
- Racing style button caps included.
Direct Drive Wheel Base:
- PS4-compatible direct drive wheel base.
- Custom-designed servo motor optimised for racing simulator applications.
- Outrunner-type motor achieves outstanding peak torque of 20Nm, matching the torque output in most real race cars using power steering.
- Motor acceleration and speed remains at the highest level, even with heavy steering wheels.
- Ultra-low torque ripple ensures minimal mechanical distractions and the same smooth experience as in a belt driven wheel.
- Wireless QR technology: Wireless transfer of data (infra-red) and power (inductive coupling) between the motor and quick release means no external cables between wheel base and steering wheel, and no need for batteries inside the wheel.
- Rotation: 2520 degrees (electronically limited, adjustable)
- Podium wheel bases include advanced telemetry features in the OLED display for real-time motor and force feedback data such as power output, FFB clipping and more. (Motor/FFB telemetry pages are for short-term analysis purposes and not for continuous use in racing.)
- Standard Tuning Menu allows beginners to get started quickly without having to worry about settings
- Advanced Tuning Menu allows enthusiasts to fine-tune the force feedback characteristics to suit their driving preferences
- Integrated electronics and highest quality components ensure ultra-low latency, providing immediate feedback from racing simulators.
- Fully certified with CE, FCC, C-Tick, ROHS and all other certificates required by law, ensuring that this product does not interfere with other electronic devices.
- Torque Key allows user to lock/unlock the full performance of the wheel base.
- Choose from a growing selection of Fanatec steering wheels in many different styles and price/quality levels.
- Firmware can be updated with new features.
- Motor driver firmware can also be updated.
- Fast 1000 Hz USB update rate.
- Allows connection of two external shifters (e.g. H-pattern and sequential) in parallel.
- Mount for ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles (should not be used in combination with Advanced Paddle Module) and other optional accessories.
- Connection ports for peripheral devices: USB, Power, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2, Handbrake.
- All-Aluminium housing featuring unique carbon fibre panels with blue accents.
- Supports Fanatec 3-hole mounting pattern (bottom mounting) and side mounting. Hard mounting to a cockpit is highly recommended due the high amount of torque.
- Automotive grade Quick Release system with expandable rubber damper
- 2 years standard warranty on the steering wheel and the Advanced Paddle Module.
- 3 years extended warranty on the wheel base.
- High resolution pedals with magnetic and contactless sensors on gas and clutch for a long life and maximum performance
- Pressure sensitive brake with custom made 90 kg load cell sensor
- Adjustable brake stiffness and travel without tools
- 12-bit resolution (4096 values) on all axis
- Alternative D-shape race plates in curved design. Ideal for standing pedals
- Pedal extension to adjust the angle of the pedal plate and to change the angle of the whole pedal arm
- Brake sensitivity can be adjusted through the tuning menu of the wheel and during the race
- Vibration motor on throttle pedal indicates rear wheel spin and oversteer (control by games is possible via Fanatec Wheel SDK)
- Vibration motor on brake pedal to simulate ABS and indicate locking tires (controlled by Fanatec wheels: Compatible to all games. Dynamic control by games is possible via Fanatec Wheel SDK)
- Design of the gas pedal allows quick exchange of the springs. Two springs with different strength are included
- Optional damper kit for gas and brake. The hydraulic dampening resistance can easily be adjusted with a knob
- Full multi platform compatibility, depending solely on the platform compatibilities of the connected Wheel Base/Racing Wheel
- Full metal construction of CNC-machined aluminium
- Ultimate adjustability: Position of pedal plates in all directions, angle, spring strength at throttle, brake sensitivity, brake travel
- All Fanatec Podium Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec CSL Steering Wheels (QR1 Wheel-Side required)
- All Fanatec Pedals
- All Fanatec Shifters
- Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake
- RennSport Cockpit V2 (sold after Q4 2017)
- ClubSport Table Clamp V2
Please note: Compatibilities to all peripherals are tested by Fanatec, but not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- PlayStation® systems: All PlayStation®4 and PlayStation® Pro systems. For a complete list of compatible games, please visit this page.
PlayStation 5: Check our platform compatibility page for more details.
- PC: This racing wheel is compatible with PC on all major racing games.
- Other platforms: Compatibilities to other platforms depend on the used steering wheel. For more information, please check the product page of the steering wheel you plan to use.
- Please note: PC and other platform compatibilities are tested by Fanatec, but not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- The F1 FORMULA 1 logo, F1 logo, FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula 1 company. © 2018 Cover images Formula One World Championship Limited, a Formula 1 company. Licensed by Formula One World Championship Limited. The FIA and FIA AfRS logos are trade marks of Federation Internationale de l’Automobile. All rights reserved.
- Not suitable for children. A Direct Drive Wheel Base is not a toy! The fast movements of the steering wheel and strong torque can be dangerous. Please read the safety instructions.
- Podium Wheel Base DD1 PS4™ (Not available separately)
- ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® PS4™ (Not available separately)
- Pre-installed Podium Advanced Paddle Module with Formula plates
- Torque Key
- Power supply (480 Watt)
- Power cable (regional)
- USB cable
- Racing style button caps
- ClubSport Pedals V3
- 3x Pedal Extensions
- 3x D-shape pedal plates
- 1x Strong spring throttle (black)
- 1x Strong spring clutch (black)
- 1x RJ12 connection cable (150cm)
- 1x USB connection cable (180cm)
- 1x Lithium grease bottle
- Quick Guides
- Fanalab v1-66
- Podium Racing Wheel F1 Manual - EN
- Quickguide PODIUM Racing Wheel F1®_Europe
Latest firmware version recommended!
The latest firmware for this product is included into the most recent drivers. Please install the driver on a Windows PC, to put the latest firmware on Wheel Base (and Steering Wheel), even if you are planning to use the device on consoles only. This will take you only some minutes and it could even be done with a Windows Laptop, Win10 Tablet etc.