This product is discontinued! There are no units left and there will be no pre-order for this product!
- Officially licensed for PS4™
- Ultra-strong brushless servo motor which delivers up to 6Nm of torque on the steering axis
- Single belt drive unit with ultra-low lag and cogging, and big ball bearings for lowest friction
- DirectSensor™ on the steering axis to prevent influence of the belt drive on the position sensor
- Very fast steering wheel acceleration - ideal for drifting
- 1080° of rotation which can be adjusted in the tuning menu of the attached steering wheel
- Integrated rev light bar in the wheel base
- Table clamp included. Thickness range of the table board/desktop that the table clamp is able to lock to is 1,0 to 6,0 cm
- Firmware can be updated with new features
- Motor driver firmware can also be updated
- Fast 1000 Hz USB update rate
- Allows connection of two external shifters (e.g. H-pattern and sequential) in parallel
- Mount for ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles and other optional accessories
- Connection ports for peripheral devices: USB, Power, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2, Handbrake
- Choose from a growing selection of very realistic steering wheels in many different styles
- Quick Release system to allow for the easy exchange of steering wheels within seconds, also during gameplay
- Supports Fanatec steering wheel and pedal vibration features
- Supports Fanatec Tuning functions*
- Saves up to 5 wheel set-ups
- Let the game control the wheel's sensitivity with auto function or adjust the sensitivity independent from the game from 90° to 1080°
- Adjust the strength of the force feedback
- Adjust the sensitivity of steering wheel and pedal vibrations
- Fine-tune the friction of the wheel with the Advanced Drift Mode for added natural dampening or to speed up the wheel for beautiful drifts
- Fine-tune the games' force feedback sensations directly from the steering wheel by adjusting the spring and force effects
- Fine-tune the dampening of the force feedback directly from the steering wheel
- Adjust the sensitivity of the brake pedal (For this feature, Fanatec pedals needs to be connected directly to the wheel base)
- * Tuning functions are subject to change.
- Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake (direct connection to wheel base)
- All Fanatec ClubSport steering wheels (currently the Podium Button Module Endurance is not supported)
- All Fanatec CSL and CSL Elite steering wheels
- All Fanatec ClubSport, CSR, CSR Elite, CSL and CSL Elite pedals (adapter cables might be required on pedals without RJ12 connection)
- All Fanatec CSL and ClubSport shifters (two shifters simultaneously)
- Fanatec ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles
- Mounting on cockpits and wheel stands: 3 hard-mount points on the bottom of the wheel base. Please refer to the drilling template in the download section for the hole pattern and distances. The hole pattern is identical with the ClubSport Wheel Bases without the angle adapter (3 hard-mount holes). Please take note that the CSL Elite Wheel Base (PS4™ version) hole pattern is NOT compatible to the discontinued CSL Seat.
- Please note: Compatibilities to all peripherals are tested by Fanatec, but not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- PlayStation® systems: All PlayStation®4 and PlayStation® Pro systems. For a complete list of compatible games, please visit this page.
PlayStation 5: Check our platform compatibility page for more details.
- Other platforms: Compatibilities to other platforms depend on the used steering wheel. For more information, please check the product page of the steering wheel you plan to use.
- Please note: PC and other platform compatibilities are tested by Fanatec, but not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- IMPORTANT: Before use, please connect the product to a PC, download the latest driver and then update the firmware of the wheel. This assures latest compatibilities and newest features.
- Steering wheel and pedals are not included. Please use the product configurator to configure your system.
- Table clamp included. You can also mount it with screws to a cockpit or wheel stand (see drilling template in download section).
- No hard-mount screws included. Please read the manual for information about qualified screws.
- To connect discontinued Fanatec Pedals with PS/2 Socket like CSP V1/V2 or CSR, you need the additional PS/2 to RJ12 cable
- Dimensions (L x W x H) 35cm x 35cm x 28cm
- Weight 5.5kg
- Volume weight 6.86kg
- CSL Elite Wheel Base +
- Table clamp
- Table clamp screw with handle
- Power supply unit (cable length: power supply to wheel base 1,5 m/6 ft)
- Power cord (regional) (cable length: socket to power supply 1,5 m/6 ft.)
- USB connection cable (2 m/6 ft.)
- O-Ring (spare for Quick Release shaft)
- PS4™ button caps for ClubSport steering wheels
- Platform PC, PS4, XBox One Ready
- Connection ports Handbrake, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2
- Tuning Menu through steering wheel Yes
- Table Clamp Included
- Rev Lights on Wheel Base Yes
- Quick Release Yes
- Position Sensor Single Optical Sensor
- Mode Button Yes
- Hardmount 3-hole pattern
- Force Feedback drive system Single gear toothed belt drive
- Force Feedback drive material ABS pulleys with ball bearings
- Cooling system Single fan
- Adjustable spring Yes
- Adjustable shock Yes
- Adjustable sensitivity Yes
- Adjustable FF strength Yes
- Adjustable drift mode Yes
- Adjustable brake force Yes
- Adjustable ABS vibration Yes
- Degrees of rotation 90°-1080°
- Torque Up to 6Nm
- USB update rate 1000Hz
FanaLab Software available here:
The latest firmware for this product is included with the most recent drivers and cannot be downloaded separately. Please connect all Fanatec devices to your PC and power them on before you install the new drivers!
Drilling template - additional information:
When printing the Drilling Template at home, please make sure that the print size is 100% (file size = print size).Therefore deactivate "automatic page scaling" in the print dialog box for example.
At the moment, the products we have available in our webshop are only compatible with Windows PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X. Mac OS is currently not supported.
Note: Console compatibility is limited for each product. Please check the compatibility section of the product page for each device for more information.
Zur Zeit sind alle Produkte, die im Webshop verfügbar sind, nur mit Windows PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One und Xbox Series X kompatibel. Mac OS ist derzeit nicht unterstützt.
Merke: Kompatibilität auf Konsolen ist für jedes Produkt limitiert. Bitte prüfen Sie die Kompatibilitätsübersicht für jedes Produkt auf der jeweiligen Produktseite für weitere Informationen dazu.
現時点では、ウェブショップで入手できる製品は、Windows PC、PS4、PS5、Xbox One、Xbox SeriesXとのみ互換性があります。Mac OSは現在対応されていません。
We are often asked if you can use Thrustmaster or Logitech wheels, pedals, shifters or other accessories in combination with Fanatec hardware. In general the devices of different vendors are not compatible to each other. Therefore, you cannot directly connect products from different companies to each other or at least this is not supported.
In former times there have been adapters which might have worked to make such combinations possible but those solutions have not been reliable due to different techniques used in the hardware and different signal tolerances even if similar specs have been used. Fanatec cannot make any statements about third party adapters or similar solutions. We are putting a lot of effort into the goal of having the highest possible intercompatibility in between all our devices, which is not that easy to achieve. For any questions about compatibility we can only direct you to the information given on our product pages or within our FAQs.
The statement above is valid for every platform (especially on consoles!) EXCEPT PC...since you can connect multiple, individual USB devices there IF the game/simulation supports that.
This gives you multiple options to combine hardware of different vendors the way you want. Most simulation games on Windows PCs will allow you to use combinations like: Logitech wheel, Thrustmaster shifter and Fanatec pedals for example. Since Fanatec provides USB solutions for more or less every kind of hardware (shifter/handbrake by USB adapter, USB pedals, USB wheels, etc.) the possibilities to build your perfect setup are endless.
Even if it is very common, please be so kind to make some research on the web or ask the simulation developer if multiple USB devices are supported.
n theory you can use any RJ12-RJ12 (6p6c straight) and USB (type A -- type B; USB 1/2.0; USB Type C) cable which has the right connectors on both ends. If you use high-quality cables of similar length to the originals, there should be no problem. Please keep in mind that Fanatec cannot guarantee perfect functionality if third-party products are involved even if the combination should work.
Important notes regarding (replacement) cables:
Cables that are significantly longer than the original cables can cause connection issues
Extension cables are often the source of connection issues. Longer high-quality cables are the better option
If your product came with a high-quality ferrite core cable, a replacement cable should be of similar quality
For USB Type C cables, please make sure that you are using USB Type C Data and not a Charging cable
Q: Can I purchase replacement "RJ12--RJ12" / "USB A -- USB B / USB Type C (for the CSL DD)" cables from Fanatec?
A: We should be able to offer replacement cables for all recent products. If they are not offered in the webshop, please ask our support team. But alternatively, it is also possible to use similar standard USB/RJ12 high quality cables, which are inexpensive and can be found at most electrical retailers.
Grundsätzlich sollten alle standard RJ12--RJ12 (6p6c - straight) und USB (Type A auf Type B; USB 1/2.0) Kabel passen und einwandfrei funktionieren, welche die richtigen Stecker bieten. Sofern hochqualitative Kabel mit ähnlicher Länge verwendet werden, sollte dies kein Problem darstellen. Bitte beachten Sie, dass Fanatec keine uneingeschränkte Garantie auf Funktionalität geben kann, sofern Teile/Produkte von Drittherstellern verwendet werden bzw. involviert sind.
Wichtige Anmerkungen zu Ersatzkabeln:
- Kabel welche (deutlich) länger als die Originalkabel sind, können zu Verbindungsproblemen führen
- Verlängerungskabel (und Adapterstecker) sind oft die Ursache von mangelhafter Übertragungsqualität der Signale. Längere Kabel wären hier die bessere Option.
- Wenn ihr Produkt mit einem hochwertigen Kabel inkl. Ferrit-Kern geliefert wurde, sollten sie als Ersatz ein ähnlich hochwertiges Kabel verwenden.
Frage: Kann ich ein (RJ12--RJ12 oder USB A -- USB B) Ersatzkabel von Fanatec kaufen?
Antwort: Wir sollten in der Lage sein für aktuelle Produkte Ersatzkabel zu Verfügung zu stellen. Falls diese im Webshop nicht gelistet sind, fragen sie bitte unser Supportteam danach. Es ist allerdings auch möglich ähnliche Standardkabel in hoher Qualität von anderen Händlern zu erschwinglichen Preisen zu kaufen und zu verwenden.
When using the CSL Elite Wheel base it is possible that the strong motor generates clearly audible force feedback sounds, especially when the game sends beefy and sometimes violent force feedback effects when you are going over curbs or off track. The CSL E WB has an exceptionally strong force feedback motor which generates torques up to 6Nm which is ~40% stronger than average force feedback wheels made from synthetic material. Additionally the "single drive" system has been designed to directly deliver all forces straight to the steering wheel and to your hands which will lead to a higher sound level. A heavy metal unit as the CSW V2 can absorb such violent forces easier but unsurprisingly this comes at a higher cost.
The RevLEDs and displays on some Fanatec steering wheels are designed to display telemetry from a game (e.g. engine RPM, vehicle speed, selected gear, etc). Currently, this is not supported on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, but Microsoft is looking into making these features possible in the future.
Aktuell gibt es bei XBox One Spielen keine Unterstützung für LEDs und Display. Wir hoffen, dass Microsft diese Funktionen schnellstmöglich nutzen wird.
With the new firmware manager, the ‘’Update’’ button will remain grey and not available in case you are having the latest firmware installed on your devices. This of course doesn’t mean that you are still not able to reflash/reinstall the firmware again. To make the option become available again, press the Manual Firmware Update button in the top right corner of the Firmware Manager window:
This will unlock the firmware update option for each device. You can then proceed and perform the firmware update/reflash on the device you wish:
Every car in every game can have a different steering angle. In order to match your steering angle with the one in the car, you will need to have the Sensitivity setting (in the tuning menu) set to Auto. Then you will need to complete the controller calibration in the game.
In case you are still getting a different steering angle on your wheel and in the car in-game, then you will need to check the following:
As every game is different, some games require setting the steering angle in the settings. For example, in Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione, you will need to set the degrees in game and then apply the same setting in the tuning menu. Then all cars will be matching.
For Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2.0 for example, you will need to perform the calibration in-game, then set the saturation to 63 and set the sensitivity in the tuning menu to 900 degrees in order to get the exact steering lock of the car in-game.
In case the steering wheel is not matching still, perform the following:
1) Turn your steering wheel to 90 degrees.
2) Open the tuning menu and go to the ‘’Sensitivity’’ setting
3) Start reducing the sensitivity to a point, where you see the steering wheel on the screen matching the position of your own steering wheel. Turn left and right and all the way until you feel the soft lock and check if the position of the steering wheel on the screen is matching your one.
Please know, that some games do not have realistic steering wheel turning animation, therefore it will not be possible to match the steering wheel on the screen with yours.
In case the wheel base is not able to power up while the PSU is showing no issues and the LED on it is on, please check the following:
- Is the power button clicking properly?
- Do you spot any visible damage on the power port on the wheel base?
- In case there are no hardware issues visible, please try to start the base in bootloader mode. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds while the base is connected to a Windows PC with our driver installed. The firmware update will show up on the screen. Proceed with the update and try to power the base on again.
In case the PSU LED is off while the power supply is connected, please check the following:
- Inspect the power supply and cables for any damage. (Make sure the PSU is NOT connected to the electrical network!)
- If there is no visible damage, please try connecting the PSU to a different wall socket.
If the power supply LED is not turning on or the troubleshooting above does not help, please reach out to our technical support for further assistance.
Follow these steps to potentially solve the problem:
- Open the Steam application
- Select "View"
- Select "Settings"
- Select "Controller"
- In "General Controller Settings", uncheck the checkbox for "Generic Gamepad Configuration Support".
If the issue persists, reinstall the Steam Client.
Here is a small explanation what has been changed to the Drift Mode of the new ClubSport Wheel Base 2.5 / CSL E WB+ (PS4 version) and which new feature is "hidden" there:
CSW V2 / CSL E WB
CSW V2.5 / CSL E WB+ (PS4)
Standard electric motor damper
Best for most games/simulations. Feels identical on both wheel bases
Reduced electric motor damper
DRI -4 -> DRI -1 (new!)
Can eventually cause problems (oscillations in games which do NOT support “low drag” wheels)
Electric motor damper turned off
DRI OFF (new!)
WILL cause problems (oscillations) in games which do NOT support “low drag” (like DD) wheels
“Classic” Fanatec Drift Mode
Will speed up/accelerate your wheel movements and reduce the dampening – just like power steering
DRI OFF now has NO dampening at all. Works similar to a direct drive wheel which has no mechanical resistance. If there is no FFB effect there will be no force/dampening from the motor and electronics in the wheel. That can cause problems in games if they are not optimized. DRI -5 is the safe setting now (for the CSW V2.5) as it was “OFF” in the CSW V2.
Differences to the CSW V2 / CSL E WB:
At the time the CSW V2 (and original CSL Elite Wheel Base) was developed it was not possible to create a dynamic/variable motor damper into the motor driver. To develop this features we had to design a completely new motor electronics which is driven by a logical processor and has its own firmware which is programmable/updateable. Since the combination of having NO electronic damper and hardly any mechanical dampening in the (v-belt drive) system causes problems, like wheel oscillations on straights, in most games, using this static electrical damper in the CSW V2 was a MUST. The drift mode helps to keep the effect of this damper as minimal as possible. DRI3 should be a good compromise in most games for the CSW V2 to make the wheel turn easy and freely.
IF oscillations are happening within any game...reduce the DRI value to -5 (CSW V2.5) or to OFF (CSW V2) again.